Learn More About MP&MS
- Founded in 1975
- Enrollment: 360 preschool through eighth grade students
- 15% students of color
- 50% female; 50% male
- Roughly 20% of our students receive tuition assistance
- Age of kindergarten entrance: 5 years old by September 1
- Low student-teacher ratio of 7:1
- Two full-time classroom teachers who lead core curricular areas in preschool through fifth grades
- Up to 45 students per grade level and a departmentalized program in sixth, seventh, and eighth grades
- Specialist classes that enrich students’ academic and creative learning experience
- Primary and middle school students spend most of their learning time in small groups of 12-15
We are located on eight acres in sunny Larkspur, California. Click here to explore our beautiful and sustainably designed campus and learning spaces.
- Art and music studios
- Performing arts amphitheater
- Projects lab
- Two courtyards
- Sport court
- Three age-appropriate playgrounds
- Library Media Center
- Interscholastic athletics
- Cross-grade buddy program
- Life skills
- Learning Resource Center
- Integrated projects
- Community service
- Outdoor education and field trips
- Organic learning garden
- New state-of-the-art Science Lab
- New outdoor art deck
- 1:1 iPad program in fourth, fifth, and sixth grades
- 1:1 laptop program in seventh and eighth grades
Click here to view our extensive After School brochure.
Marin Primary & Middle School is accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and Western Association of Colleges (WASC); Member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
Contact Director of Admission Donna Fanfelle for more information:
email@example.com or 415-413-9044
The curriculum is constantly evolving to reflect our changing world. Our graduates were certainly prepared for their high school years.
-Michelle and John, middle school and alumni parents
We took tours of different private schools…when we visited MP&MS, we were impressed by how comfortable, happy, and confident the students were.
-Eliza and Michael, middle school parents
We had hoped MP&MS would be a great fit for our family and our kids individually, and after the first few months we knew we could not ask for more. We feel deeply grateful.
-Liz and Danny, preschool and primary parents
The knowledge the teachers have of our child is incredible. The level of commitment comes from within, and that says a lot about the school.
-Nicola and Adam, primary school parents